Difficulties with tool_change macro

General discussion in English language
Rispondi
DranerB

Difficulties with tool_change macro

Messaggio da DranerB » 13 mar 2021, 19:17

Well, the macro seems to work properly, but there is a problem with Z0 after.
OK, say that I have a bit 20 mm long on my spindle. After doing a Program Z0, I start my G-Code, then need to change tool. The new tool is 30 mmm long. The macro does its job and calculate properly the difference. BUT, when it goes on to the part, it dig 10 mm BELOW the toolpath, as if it did not take into account the fact that Z0 should now be Z10.

Sorry, this is at my client place, so I don't have all the parameters here to check, but basically this is what is happening. Any idea where to look at to correct this problem?
Best regards,
Bernard
Immagine

Silverio
Contatta:

Re: Difficulties with tool_change macro

Messaggio da Silverio » 24 mar 2021, 11:55

Before to do a ZERO of WCS.Z and start the program, take care to not have a dynamic H corrector (tool change macro don't use library tool length aka G43 H<too_number> in code, but uses a dynamic H Correctr with G43.1 in the macro tool_change) active from previous work executing the command G49 (clear any H corrector aka Tool length compensation) in the MDI.

The current H corrector is visible also in status bar where info of the current are listed:

T1 X0 Y0 Z-23.2

In MDI panel there is also a G43 to indicate current compensation active instead of G49.
Il team di supporto RosettaCNC Motion (R)

DranerB

Re: Difficulties with tool_change macro

Messaggio da DranerB » 24 mar 2021, 12:40

Thank you, Silverio, I will look at this, it makes sense.
Best regards,
Bernard
Immagine

Rispondi